Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Book Will Be Here in a few hours

I am literally speechless. Lol well not in my head, thoughs stay swimmin in that thang but I haven't been able to talk all day. Every time I try to, I get teary eyed and can't hold it together. My mom called me this morning trying to start the cry fest but I kindly informed her that I woke up crying lol.

I am so thankful right now. God...God did not have to do this. He could've let me continue to drift. He could've kept my talent hidden from me but He didn't. He allowed me to open my eyes and believe in myself. This entire process took exactly a year and that was nothing but God. Brainstorming, writing, editing, learning how to self publish, typesetting, printing...everything in exactly one year. God had it ready to go for years, I just had to catch up and get back to the regularly scheduled programming.

I am so grateful for everyone that has supported me with this, my family, my friends, co-workers, strangers, foes, enemies, frienemies lol my dog DJ...everyone.

More grinding is immenent. The grind never stops, it just shifts to other projects. I'm on my way to pick up my best friend as he is the catalyst for the entire Fat Kills saga. I'm so happy to have my three loves in one space. We're all going to cry and thank God and eat and drank and be merry :) Then, of course head to the Post Office to start mailing pre-ordered copies!

I'm going out to this AWESOME open mic tonight...hold on let me find the link... ok here we go: Up and Up Open Mic I mentioned this open mic a few posts back but tonight is the first night I will finally make it through. My sister and editor for life Tandace, has been pushing me to go and promote my book. Tonight will not be a night of promoing my book...lol I can't talk anyway so it's all good. I am going for good times and of course to celebrate Truth's b-day!! I went to high school (Suitland Rams for life!) with the Up & Up founders and this is the most positive group to come out of the Metro area. I love what they're doing and I can't wait to volunteer my time and talents with this group. Oh yeah check out the hotness that is Gods'Illa Their album is about to drop and I can't wait to support and buy a copy.

Aight I'm about to leave the j-o-b. Sidenote, I need to go buy a pen so I can start autographing my book!!!

Forever speaking it into existence,

K.Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment