Monday, December 14, 2009

6 Days Until I go to the printer!

I wish I could really describe how I feel but there aren't enough words. I am B-L-E-S-S-E-D! God has worked wonders in my life. I am such a better person because of this whole process. I thank God for opening my eyes and helping me understand that the only person that limits my dreams is ME. I put it on everything I will never doubt myself again!

This past weekend, the next to last round of edits took place. BIGGEST SHOUTOUT EVER to Tan, Erin, Jamal, and Vince for taking chapters of the book and giving them an edit. I love them so much I swear. All of the edits were done on paper. Once I collected the edits my friends did for me, I transcribed those edits onto another printed out version. I turned everything into my designer (lol she kindly informed me that I should call her a designer not a typesetter) this morning. She will have my cover done tomorrow and an updated typeset version for me on Wednesday.

I am waiting for the printer to get back to me with a revised, cheaper quote. I thought by book was gonna be 272 pages but it's actually 206 :) They are going to send a truck to pick up the hard copy version on Monday and then I will have the books in hand January 7th.

And my website is live. SHOUTOUT to Ms. Tiffany Carter! Not only did she do an amazing job on the site, we are actually good friends now. I just love it when I make a new friend :)

I'm finishing the last cartoon episode this week and then it's on to writing the copy for Transcend. 's website.

Forever speaking it into existence,

K.Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment